REST: Renewable Energy Generation with Solar Thermal Systems
COURSE INSTRUCTOR CREDENTIALS:
TRAINING PROVIDER CREDENTIALS:
COURSE HOURS COUNT TOWARD:
This course is one of eight courses housed under the award-winning Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series. This five- day workshop on Solar Thermal technology focuses on domestic solar hot water systems, but will discuss the various applications of solar thermal technology. You will learn how to site a system based on solar fundamentals and how to size a system based on thermal load analysis. You will explore system components, types, and designs as well as best practices regarding installation, maintenance and troubleshooting. A hands-on installation of both a fully-operational drainback and a pressurized glycol system will cap the week.
An optional NABCEP Solar Heating (SH) Entry Level Exam is offered. Please note this is not NABCEP certification, it is simply an indicator of knowledge gained at the Entry Level and a differentiator to a potential employer. You must meet additional experiential requirements to sit for the NABCEP Solar Heating Installer Certification Exam. This course counts toward the educational requirement (other requirements needed) on the journey to becoming a NABCEP Certified Solar Heating installer. Details Here.
REST Learning Objectives:
At the end of the week, you should be able to:
- Identify system components
- Identify system types and applications
- Identify optimum sites for solar thermal systems
- Identify NC code requirements for solar thermal systems
- Calculate thermal load for a solar thermal system
- Identify the appropriate type of solar thermal system based on application, site and load
- Calculate piping and flow rates to correctly size
- Design a solar thermal system given certain criteria
- Troubleshoot a solar thermal system in several scenarios
- Safely and correctly assist in installing 2 types of domestic solar hot water systems – a pressurized glycol unit and a drain back system
- Identify your competency level regarding the tasks on the NABCEP Solar Heating Task Analysis and gauge readiness to take the NABCEP Solar Heating Entry Level Exam based on NABCEP Entry Level Learning Objectives.
- Take and pass the optional Solar Heating NABCEP Entry Level Exam offered at the end of the week
REST Registration Fee:
$999 – $100 off for 1st 10 registrants REGISTER HERE
REST 2014 Scheduled Dates & Registration:
Classes run from Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:30PM. To earn full credit, you must be in class for 90% of the time.
Click HERE to register.
- April 14-18, 2014 Raleigh, NC
- October 13-17, 2014 Raleigh, NC
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST to receive updates on Diploma Series workshopsWho Should Attend and How Do I Complete the ProgramProgram Accreditation and Credits You Can EarnLogistics and LodgingRegister NowOpportunities for CompaniesFind Financial Resources here
Contact: Maria O”Farrell or (919) 538-8287