REPV (A): Advanced Design & Installation of Photovoltaic Systems
COURSE INSTRUCTOR CREDENTIALS:
TRAINING PROVIDER CREDENTIALS:
COURSE HOURS COUNT TOWARD:
Completion of one of either NCSU Entry Level PV course – REPV or Online REPV
Certificate of completion from an equivalent Entry Level NABCEP course (courses list here)
This course is one of eight courses housed under the award-winning Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series.This week-long advanced photovoltaics class covers advanced topics on design and installation of residential and commercial PV systems. This advanced course delves into the details of electrical standards and codes. You must have taken an entry-level PV class to take this course.
This course counts for the 40 hour advanced PV course education requirement found in SEC 3.5 of the NABCEP Candidate Handbook needed to sit for the NABCEP PV installer exam. The bulk of this week-long workshop covers topics relating to the National Electrical Code® (NEC) requirements for PV systems and prepares the participant for proper code compliance, wire sizing, equipment specifications, permit processing, commissioning and other necessary steps in the design and installation phases of residential and commercial systems. Activities in this workshop include designing a multiple inverter commercial PV system, from choosing equipment to processing forms, and a tour of commercial PV systems.
REPV (A) LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
At the end of the class, you should be able to:
- Thoroughly understand Grid tied PV system design
- Identify optimum sites for solar electric systems IV curve tracer; shading live system; Pathfinder
- Calculate inverter efficiency
- Navigate and interpret NEC Article 690
- Identify and interpret required disconnects, combiner specifications, mechanical drawings
- Calculate tilt angle; inter-row shading
- Understand commissioning
- Troubleshoot ground faults
- Design and wire diagram a complex commercial scale system
REPV (A) Registration Fee:
$1299 $200 off for 1st 5 registrants -REGISTER HERE
REPV (A) 2013 Schedule & Registration:
Classes run from 8:30AM – 5:30PM. To earn full credit, you must be in class for 90% of the time.
Click HERE to register.
- JOIN OUR MAILING LIST to receive updates on Diploma Series workshops
- Who Should Attend and How Do I Complete the Program
- Program Accreditation and Credits You Can Earn
- Logistics and Lodging
- Register Now
- Opportunities for Companies
- Find Financial Resources here
Contact: Maria O’Farrell or (919) 538-8287