Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series
The award winning, IREC ISPQ-accredited Renewable Energy Technologies Diploma Series (RETDS) is a non-degree, continuing-education program that provides:
- numerous professional certifications and pathways to certifications
- continuing education credits for professionals
- the industries’ most qualified instructors (see individual course pages)
- technical theory and hands-on training
- information on current policies and technologies
- a support network of experienced renewable energy professionals
To earn this continuing education, non-degree diploma from NC State University, you have to complete a minimum of 120 hours, or three 40-hour courses under the Diploma Series.
In addition, the program can help meet the required continuing education for professionals in certain fields. NC electrical contractors receive 24 continuing education credit hours. Registered architects, professional engineers, and LEED professionals receive AIA, PDH and GBCI credits respectively. Our Photovoltaics (PV) and Solar Thermal(ST) courses offer participants the opportunity to take the North American Board of Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Entry Level Exam or the NABCEP SH Entry Level Exam. These courses fulfill the education requirements on the journey to becoming a NABCEP Certified PV or Solar Heating Installer. We are committed to excellence with not only our curriculum but also our instructors, who are ISPQ certified instructors and/or NABCEP certified, and in some cases, sit on NABCEP’s technical review committees.
What are the week-long RET Diploma Series workshops?
1.REPV: Renewable Energy Generation with Photovoltaic Systems- Pathway to NABCEP Certification
2.REPV(A): Advanced Design and Installation of Photovoltaic Systems *- Pathway to NABCEP Certification
3.REST: Renewable Energy Generation with Solar Thermal Systems- Pathway to NABCEP Certification
4.REG:Renewable Energy Generation with Geothermal Systems- Accreditation
5. REW: Renewable Energy Generation with Wind Energy Systems- Pathway to NABCEP Certification
6. RESNET HERS Rater- Certification
7. BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Specialist -Certification
8. CREM: Certificate in Renewable Energy Management- Certificate
Solar Instructor Series
If you are a high school, vocational, community college or university instructor we are offering a solar instructor series, a group of courses covering the technical and financial aspects of PV as part of our DOE funded Train the Trainer program. These courses offer teacher resources and are as much as 75-100% off of our regular course fees.
Short Course Workshops
We also offer short course workshops that are either nested within or a complement to the Renewable Energy Diploma Series. These courses cover range from technical theory to specific business topics to hands-on technical workshops.
*Must have taken REPV previously, or have passed the NABCEP Entry-Level PV Exam
Participants must be in class for 90% of the time and satisfy course-specific requirements to receive the workshop certificate.
- Who Should Attend and How Do I Complete the Program
- Program Accreditation and Credits You Can Earn
- Logistics and Lodging
Join our mailing list to receive updates on the Diploma Series workshops
View opportunities for companies
Contact Maria O’Farrell at (919) 538-8287 for more information
View the Liability Waiver.