Alternative Fuel Implementation Team
The Alternative Fuel Implementation Team (AFIT) project is a two year initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy to enhance implementation of alternative fuel in North Carolina and neighboring states.
The N.C. Solar Center’s Clean Transportation team is leading on the project which includes several project partners: North Carolina’s three Clean Cities and neighboring Clean Cities in East Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Virginia, and Advanced Energy Several industry partners are contributing to the project including: The Biofuels Center of North Carolina, Duke Energy, Holmes Oil, Piedmont Natural Gas, PSNC Energy and the State Energy Division\N.C. Dept of Commerce.
The purpose of the project is to reduce barriers to more widespread adoption of alternative transportation fuels such as biodiesel, electricity, ethanol, natural gas and propane.
Highlights of the project include:
- conducting four 1/2 day planning charettes on biodiesel, ethanol ( E85), natural gas, and propane for transportation
- coordination with neighboring states on alternative fuel road signage, vehicle purchasing, alternative fuel incentives
- development of an alternative fuel implementation toolkit
- hosting a SE Regional Alternative Fuels Conference in 2014
– Click here to read project media release
– Click here for the AFIT project summary
– Click here for the Alt Fuel Implementation Toolkit
For more information and to get involved: email@example.com