Employment at the N.C. Solar Center
Are you looking for a job that you will love and feel good about? Are you looking for an organization with a fun staff and a passion for new technology and sustainable development? Working in the renewable energy field is unlike any other job you will ever have. Everyone here enjoys a great quality of life while knowing that their job is helping to make the world a better place to live. Besides that, you will have an opportunity to work with some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
About the N.C. Solar Center
Created in 1988, the N.C. Solar Center promotes the use of renewable energy and energy efficiency, clean transportation fuels and technologies, and green building practices through four main program areas:
• technical assistance & demonstration
• policy research & analysis
• education, training & outreach
• technology research, development, & demonstration
The N.C. Solar Center is a part of the College of Engineering at N.C. State University.
About N.C. State University
North Carolina State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. In addition, N.C. State University welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation and commits to diversity and equity.
Please do NOT contact staff directly about any positions (unless otherwise noted). All applications MUST be made online at http://jobs.ncsu.edu.
Clean Power & Industrial Efficiency Specialist – closing 6/20/13
The N.C. Solar Center Internship Program presents opportunities for students to learn about the world of renewable energy, energy efficiency, alternative fuels and transportation. Each year, the Center hosts an average of 10 student interns, ranging from undergraduates to doctorate students.
Benefits of the Internship Program
- Tour the Solar House and solar testing lab and training field
- Attend brown bag lunches to help you expand your knowledge of the clean energy industry
- Attend local conferences, workshops and events
- Opportunity to learn the different technologies and sectors in the industry
- Network with players in the industry
- A business card affiliating yourself with the N.C. Solar Center’s Internship Program
- Find life-long friends and future colleagues.
Note: All summer internships have been filled.